The Executive Assistant will provide dedicated administrative support directly to the Chairman of Carter and will be responsible for a broad variety of tasks
ranging from calendar management and travel coordination to finalizing reports and correspondence.
This position requires exceptional attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving priorities. The ideal individual will have experience as an administrative assistant and the ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team located nationally and internationally.
This is a part-time position, approximately three-days per week, based in Sarasota, Florida, but interfacing with clients located throughout the world.
• Coordinate the Chairman’s internal and external communications, including fielding calls and taking messages; responding to emails; and directing inquiries to the appropriate people.
• Manage the Chairman’s calendar, scheduling meetings, making appointments and providing timely reminders.
• Manage the Chairman’s travel including making travel arrangements and producing travel itineraries.
• Participate in select meetings to take notes, produce minutes and coordinate next steps.
• Maintain Sarasota office, including serving as liaison with the leasing agent, vendors, and suppliers and keeping an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
• Review, edit and finalize internal and external documents and presentations on behalf of the Chairman for Carter team members and clients.
Qualifications and skills
• Minimum of four years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting to a senior level professional
• Computer literacy including advanced Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with Dropbox file sharing application
• Collaborative team player
• Expertise in office management systems, procedures, equipment and applications
• Organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exemplary planning and time management skills
• English proficiency
• Strong interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional demeanor
• Discretion and confidentiality
• High school diploma required; with an advanced training/certificate and/or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Interested candidates should send letter of introduction and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Executive Assistant”.
Carter provides counsel to nonprofit organizations all over the world in the areas of fundraising, governance and organization planning. The company has offices in Sarasota and Vero Beach, along with 25 consultants living throughout North America and Mexico.